Thursday, March 18, 2010

So much for a week off...

I initially had planned for Spring Break to be just that: a break. From school. From grading papers. From Crossfit. Well, I think I got at least the break from school - I've slowly been chipping away at grading some business cases and figuring out the online grading system (it sucks!)...oh, and I went ot Crossfit Central last night. I just couldn't keep myself away from the dumbbell thrusters!

I went to CF Central to observe the CFKids and then the Teens class, to get a better idea of what to expect when I head to Ramona, CA for my certification. I stuck around for the workout too:

5 rounds for time:
21 Push-ups
15 Box jumps (24" / 20")
9 Dumbbell squat clean to thrusters (35# / 25#)


I went RX'd on the thrusters because I like them THAT much. Since the push-ups were high rep and there were a lot of rounds, I decided to go on my knees for those. Central also imposes a time limit and I wanted to finish. Originally, the time limit was 15 minutes, but when that hit and only one person had finished, Coach JDP raised it to 18 minutes. Whew! I finished in 15:35.


The worst part was definitely the clean/thruster to the push-ups because my arms just felt like jelly. I wished the box jumps were a break for me, but I went through them too quickly to really get any "rest." Stupid strong legs! Definitely a tough WOD, I felt like I was constantly gasping for air and taking a lot of breaks for water. Part of the problem with that is I normally drink lots of water during the day - through classes, sitting at my desk, analyzing data - but with all this running around Austin, I haven't been drinking as much water as I normally do. Definitely dehydrated!

No comments:

Post a Comment