Monday, February 1, 2010

Row row row your boat

I always like the first of the month because it signals new beginnings. I think this "first of the month" is particularly wonderful because 1) it's the start of my birthday month (hooray!) and 2) I'm finally fully over that stomach bug and am getting serious about sticking to my paleo diet once again.

Today's WOD reminded me a little of Fight Gone Bad, so I think it was a great benchmark to start off this amazing month.

5 rounds
1 minute max row (count meters)
1 minute max rep push-ups
1 minute max rep squats
*NO REST IN BETWEEN!*

Yeah, that no rest part was kind of brutal, but eventually I got in the groove of things and the 15 minutes were over before I knew it. My score ended up breaking down like this:

325 + 251 + 254 + 238 + 261 = 1329 Total

I think the key to getting high numbers in this workout was to row really good and hard, and I tried to get at least 200m on each row. It didn't happen in that 4th round (hence the low score), and I was so tired of doing push-ups that I really had to push it on my squats. I was definitely VERY tired by the end of this workout and glad I was hovering in the 250ish range for the most part.

After the WOD, I went home to register for my Level 1 Certification (time to just do it already!) and was confident that it'd still be open, since I last checked on Thursday and things were looking good. ALAS, it's now sold out!!!! So, I'm not registered and I'm super bummed about it, but I'm trying to work some magic and sending emails like crazy to see if I can get in late...keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment