Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where in the world...?

Yes, I know, I haven't updated in a while. It's been a crazy week at school lately, and to top it off, I've been kind of blue lately. Nothing major, so no worries, just haven't felt up to writing about my experiences the past couple days. I can't remember, but I actually think I missed a few days of Crossfit... BUT, as it is Sunday and I DID work out yesterday, I'll start up again.

Saturday morning's are always great because it's always a surprise - Tyler RARELY posts the WODs beforehand. We did a great team workout yesterday, and although it wasn't the most intense and grueling workout individually, it was a lot of fun to bust it out with my team.

I was teamed up with Scott, John, Dick, and Ian - two relatively new people and two oldies. Here's what we had to accomplish for time:

2000m row
250 Wall balls (20# / 10#)
250 Pull-ups
150 Front squats (45# / 33#)
150 Push-ups
150 Box jumps (24" / 20")
50 Handstand push-ups
150 KB swings (1.5 pood / 1 pood)
2000m row
*Everyone must do at least 1 rep of each movement

Initially, the workout was supposed to be 50 reps of everything (except the HSPU, which was 10 reps) x Number of people on your team, which amounted to 250 reps (50 HSPU) for our team of 5. However, by the time we got to pull-ups, Tyler realized it was going to take us FOREVER, so he knocked the reps back down to 150. It still took us over 40 minutes, the point at which we maxed out the clock.

Tyler made me do all the pull-ups RXd, so I think that really slowed our team down. I could only do about 3-4 pull-ups at a time, so my teammates didn't get to rest as much. However, I made it up to them by knocking out the front squats and KB swings, and also did the HSPU really easily since I'm so tiny. Everyone had to do the HSPU RXd (no hip slaps or feet on box, etc.), but we were allowed to have our teammates lift us up by our ankles once we were down. Since I'm super light and tiny, my teammates pretty much lifted me off the floor every time!

I'm hoping to get some really good workouts in this week and get back on track with my diet. I don't know what it was about the past week and a half or so, but I've just been foraging through my pantry, carbing out, and loading up on sugars. Maybe that's what my less-than-bubbly mood can be attributed to...

To prep for the week, I made some big meals for today and also went grocery shopping yesterday to restock the fridge and pantry with paleo-only foods. I've got beef chili in the slow cooker still (potential recipe to follow!), spicy bronzed chicken with garlic mashed cauliflower, and some walleye in the freezer for pecan-crusting on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment