Monday, June 21, 2010

Reset

Alright, I'm finally back for good...or at least for a while now. I've spent most of June traveling and being "on vacation" in other cities, which translates to me eating out a lot and not getting to cook my own paleo version of foods. It's definitely a challenge to stick to healthy choices when I'm on the go and not in the kitchen myself, and making one slight transgression makes it all too easy to make more and bigger transgressions with effects that compound over the weeks.

Yikes! Enough feeling crappy about myself. The important thing is that now I'm back and ready to eat clean, work hard, and really help build the boot camp business at CFSP. Today was my first day back after the "holiday season" and featured one of my favorite rep schemes.

For time:
400m Run
10 Thrusters (RX: 65#)
1 Burpee
9 Thrusters
2 Burpees
8 Thrusters
3 Burpees
.
.
.
1 Thruster
10 Burpees
400m Run

I went ahead and did RX after much heckling from my classmates and Mike and Tyler. I fasted all day today (part of resetting after burgers, Dairy Queen, and fresh strawberry ice cream at the farm), but I didn't really notice throughout the workout. I finished in 19:10, slow but decent. I'll tell you what I DID notice: how HOT it is now! Reminds me of working out in Texas without A/C...brutal and nauseating.

Prior to the WOD, we did a strength component: 1x5 Deadlifts. I managed 168# and probably could have gone higher, but again, I didn't want to push myself too too hard today.

Note to self (and other CF entrepreneurs out there): met a lot of people this past weekend in Eugene at my Human Behavior and Evolution Society Conference who did CF and/or paleo/primal eating. It was amazing to see my "CF Family" extending across international borders, fields of research, and domains of study! Next year will definitely bring business cards or something to get the word out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment