Wednesday, June 30, 2010

WoW, just wow!

WoW, and I'm not talking "World of Warcraft," I'm talking "Week of Workouts!" It's been a while since my latest post. This time I'm blaming my absence on Teen Nick's "Every Degrassi Ever Marathon" that I run home to watch right after a WOD until 11 PM...and then I'm too tired from all the drama to write anything!

Monday
It appeared to be a seemingly easy workout because the rep scheme was so low, and it did turn out to be quick...easy, not so much.

5 Rounds for time:
5 Deadlifts (90% of 1 rep max)
5 Handstand push-ups

90% of my max would have been about 185#, but I wasn't feeling up to that today, so I dropped down to 163#. Managed the workout in 7:23 with the AbMat placed under my head for the HSPUs. I would have much preferred doing HSPUs assisted with a harness on the pull-up bar, but it's difficult to get into without a coach spotter. Next time!

Tuesday
I love the Girl WODs, and anything with KB swings is a natural favorite of mine, so I couldn't turn down Tuesday's Helen fun! Also, I'm excited that I'm able to start doing these WODs RX'd for a change. I may not be the fastest (yet...), but I'm well on my way now that I can actually do the prescribed weight and movements.

"Helen" (3 rounds for time):
400m Run
21 KB swings (RX: 1 pood, 35#)
12 Pull-ups

I finished in 13:08, pushed on by Jess, my main competition for the night. We had a great "firebreather" class and Jess and I were holding up the caboose end of the class. She got 13:02, so it was a tight race!

Wednesday
Typically, Wednesdays are my rest day, especially if I do two hard WODs at the beginning of the week (like I did this week). BUT...the Wednesday workout was sprints, my weak link. And that means I have to do more of them! Originally the WOD was 10x100m sprints with 90 seconds of rest in between. However, Chris changed it to "Death by 10 Meters," which I prefer much more since it's kind of like a kids' game (can you keep running for more minutes than all the other kids???). I was able to complete 16 minutes of running, and surprisingly my legs felt the burn more than my lungs this time.

That's it for now! I'll be back Friday after our Holiday Team WOD and BBQ. There's a lot cooking this weekend too, so stay tuned for ice cream recipes, beets, and zucchini bread!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment