Thursday, May 13, 2010

New Deadlift PR!

I'm sticking with the "constantly varied," although I'm sticking to Crossfit today...just at 6 AM instead of my regular evening class! Talk about getting outside my "workout comfort zone!"

Mike lead our morning class today, and I actually was surprised at how much energy and enthusiasm everyone generated. We had a really great turnout - I think maybe 12 people total! Excellent stuff for a great day of deadlifts and rowing.

The strength component today was the deadlift, and I was determined to PR, maybe even reach my paleo challenge goal weight of 200#. This morning I worked with Anna, who plays hardcore rugby and is built like my ex-volleyball-playing roommate - tall and muscular! She really pushed me and cheered me on:

185 / 195 / 195 / 205 / 190

I wasn't able to pull the 205# off the ground, and after trying 195# again on the 5th set and still failing, I stripped the weight and successfully pulled off 190#. The fatigue clearly had set in and I'm hoping that I can still make the 200# goal in the next few weeks when I conclude my paleo challenge.

Onto the WOD, which still practiced the deadlift and some added rowing.

For time:
500m Row
10 Deadlifts (315# / 225#)
500m Row

I was determined to finish this one in less than 7:00, and after watching the first heat go (that's right, we had so many people today we had to go in TWO heat!), I felt like it was do-able with a little less weight. I opted for 155#, which was a smart choice since they started to feel like heavy singles after the row. My final time was 6:33. Leg burner for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment