Sunday, May 23, 2010

Paleo Challenge Results - Part Two

During open gym today, I went to complete my Crossfit Total for my second goal in my paleo challenge. I wanted to best my previous Crossfit Total of 395 and try to reach 450. It pains me to say that I did not meet this goal, but I'm still proud of my accomplishments in just 4 months.

When I last did Crossfit Total in February, my PRs broke down like this:

155# Back squat
60# Press
180# Deadlift

I arbitrarily set new weight PRs for my paleo challenge without much thinking: 180# BS, 70# Press, 200# DL. When I talked these numbers over with Tyler, he noted that improving 10# on a press over a short period of time is usually pretty difficult. I should have thought about that, since it is true that doing strict press maxes are like going from 0 to 60 mph in terms of effort exerted. Oh well.

Imagine my surprise then when I was able to get a 68# press about two weeks ago during open gym just messing around. Maybe this goal would be achievable. Alas, I did not have enough time to work on my back squat as much, so I saw very minimal improvements in that arena and as a result did not meet my set goal. I managed a new total of 430:

160# Back squat
70# Press
200# Deadlift

Like I said, I'm pretty proud of these new maxes because I was mainly looking for improvements in the press and the deadlift, due to my lack of upper body strength (for the former) and the functionality (of the latter). Even though the paleo challenge is over, I'll still keep working on improving these numbers...I'll just be eating more ice cream now :)

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Bubs! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it. keto cookbook

    ReplyDelete