Friday, January 15, 2010

And I'm back!

I flew into Minneapolis this morning at 10ish AM and after a quick catch-up session with the roommate, headed over to Crossfit MPLS to get back into the swing of things.


I love my Texas home (because Texas is the best state, let's be honest), but it was also very great to be back "home" in Minneapolis and see what's been progressing at the gym since I've been gone. For starters, we got 3 new rowers, 2 new squat racks, a "double-filtered" water cooler (had to throw that double-filtered nod in there for Tyler haha), AND a huge clock timer. Everything looks awesome and I'm excited to be "breaking it all in" these next few months.

Ok, enough catching up and on to the WOD.

Three rounds for time:
10 Bodyweight front squats
75 Air squats

I scaled down the front squats to 63#, which is just over half of my bodyweight. I did the full 75 air squats every round, which KILLED, but I did them. Finished in 10:37; a little bummed, since I probably could have done sub-10 if I didn't rest so gosh darn much! I noticed that it wasn't a matter of me breathing heavy and having difficulty completing the workout due to endurance, but my legs just didn't want to straighten anymore.

I supposed it's sort of a good thing that I'll be sitting on a plane later tonight on my way to Chicago...although I'll probably have a lot of difficulty getting off the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment