Saturday, January 23, 2010

BPBP - Belated Post & Bod Pod

I'm technically two days behind on posts since it's already EARLY Saturday morning! A lots been going on at school this week, and frankly I've just been too tired after all that work, working out, and then cooking that I haven't had time to sit down and breathe, let alone write.

Here's a recap of what I've been up to at CFMPLS the past two days.

Thursday's WOD was ridiculously taxing on me as it included rowing and pull-ups. After the strict press and double under day (Tuesday), my shoulders, upper back, and lats were sore, and the pull-ups didn't help with that.

Thursday WOD - 7 rounds for time:
250m row
12 pull-ups

I've graduated now to the THIN green band, which is less resistant than the blue band. It feels very much like doing a pull-up without a band to me actually, so I just might get that kipping pull-up by my birthday like I was hoping! I managed this workout in 16:55. The rowing was actually what bottlenecked and gated my time. Oh, and the fact that I ripped open one blister, started opening another blister, and got a blood blister. Yeouch!!

Friday's WOD didn't have anymore pull-ups (THANK GOODNESS), but we were doing barbell work, and grasping the bar without wincing in pain was an issue for me.

Friday WOD - Clean & Jerk 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1

I used the method when getting my starting weight on this one where I envisioned what I wanted to reach by that last and seventh round and counting backwards. I thought I could maybe shoot for 95# or 105 pounds, so I planned on starting at 55#. There were a lot of people in class tonight, so unfortunately there were not enough 45# BB to use, so I grabbed a 33# women's bar, which actually probably worked better due to my ripped up hands.

My loads looked like this: 53 - 58 - 63 - 68 - 73 - 83 - 93 - 93

I ended up doing a bonus 93# round again because I thought the form on my first try was really crappy - too much pushing the bar overhead and not enough dropping my body and displacing it beneath the bar. So I tried it again and it was a little better, but the clean stunk. Oh well. In all honesty, I probably could have gone with a heavier weight, but my palms are actually what couldn't handle the weight. I just need a few days to heal and get back to normal.

In other news, I got body fat tested using the Bod Pod method today. The Bod Pod uses air displacement to measure volume and density, or some other physics like that. I was pretty happy to find myself at 22.6% body fat, considered on the low end of "moderately lean" for women (I mean, I still gotta have boobs and fat to protect my baby-making organs). I'd like to shoot for maybe about 18% - 19% body fat by the end of the semester, which I think is doable if I just keep my workout schedule and maybe eat less sugar like I keep promising myself!

Of course, the brownie cake Susanne made tonight at our apartment for her birthday didn't help...fourths and fifths anyone? Oh sure, I'll have some of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment