Monday, January 11, 2010

Thrusting Ahead, Above and Beyond

Last night I checked the Crossfit Central Twitter feed to find that my favorite movement would be featured in the next day's WOD: THRUSTERS!

The WOD was simple enough:

5 - 5 - 5 - 5 - 5 Thrusters

The goal being for us to find our 5-rep max on Thrusters. I checked my past blog posts and my posts to the CF MPLS blog to see what I normally can handle on thrusters. My most recent Fran was with a 45# BB and I last did a whole bunch of thrusters with a 33# BB. Fran RXd for women is 65#, and since that seemed a long way away from my measly 45#, I thought that might be my 5-rep max.

Wrong! I was with all the other ladies of the 5:15 class, and most of them wanted to start at 55#, unlike me starting out at 45#. So...here's what my loads ended up looking like:

55 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80

Wooty! I thought 75# was really tough and that I'd just repeat that weight for my last round, but my new friend Lydia (also from the Midwest, holla!) did 80# and suggested I just go for it, even if it meant failing. What a great mentality to approach a bar with - no fear of failing, which does not necessarily mean that I think I won't fail, only that I'm not afraid if I do.

It felt really great to get that much weight overhead and be complimented on my form. Ryon and I celebrated afterward by cooking yummy potatoes from the farmer's market with onion and rosemary from the backyard. Oh, and steak, of course - steak that had been marinating in the sous vide for FIVE days! Super tender, super delicious, super awesome.

Almost as super as my brand new Lululemon pants and top and new Crossfit Central hoodie! Not to brag or anything :)

See y'all back in Minnesota!

No comments:

Post a Comment