Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy CF Birthday to ME!

One year ago today (7/17/2009), I had my first workout at CrossFit Central in Austin, TX. No, I don't have the date written down in a calendar...I'm just neurotic enough to dig through my emails to find the confirmation date from when I signed up. To mark this very special occasion, I decided to revisit my very first WOD.

I only remember my very first WOD because it was one of the "Girl Workouts" that shared a name with a good friend of mine from college: "Diane." A year ago when I did it, I remember I had a 75# deadlift and used 2 AbMats for the handstand push-ups, and I think I finished in roughly 10 minutes. Let's see how far I've come in a year, shall we?

Diane
21-15-9
Deadlifts (RX: 155#)
Handstand push-ups

I used 123# for the deadlifts today because I am super sore from Wednesday and Friday's workouts. For a long time I've been using 1 AbMat for the HSPU, and I did that today as well. My time today was 10:03. So, I went up in weight, made the HSPUs harder and finished in about the same time! It's crazy to reflect on all the gains I've made in the past year since starting Crossfit, and many of them are beyond the physical realm. I've found a community of friends, a passion for coaching, and realized that I am capable of so much more than I give myself credit for...and all that is the best CF birthday present of all!

No comments:

Post a Comment