Monday, December 21, 2009

Ain't no box jump high enough...

After a pretty gluttonous weekend of carbing out - my roommate made pumpkin cranberry bread AND her mom came to visit, which meant Mexican food - I was in need of a good workout. Luckily, we had an AMRAP in store, which is when I really tend to tire myself out!

Here's the WOD:
AMRAP in 20 minutes
30 24" Box jumps
20 115# Push press
30 Pull-ups

I started out on the 20" box, but realized it was too easy after the first round, even doing 30 reps at once. It may sound funny, but it was actually harder and more tiring to jump to the lower box. I did 53# for the push press, which was hard and I had to break up the reps (usually about 8-7-5). Pull-ups were with the blue band, as usual. Finished 3 rounds + 30 box jumps (the last round and the last set of box jumps were on the 24" box).

Felt good, but I still think I could have tried harder, maybe gone faster on the box jumps. Improvement notes for next time.

In other great news, Tyler has revamped the gym space: moved the lockers into the "changing room" that even has a curtain, made wallball targets on the walls, and vacuumed. We're also getting a few more erg machines and a squat rack. Movin' on up CF MPLS!

No comments:

Post a Comment