Saturday, December 12, 2009

That dirty "Filthy 50"

I love benchmark WODs, and today's was no exception. But I had forgotten how utterly TOUGH and terrible the "Filthy 50" is...


For time:

50 24" box jumps
50 Jumping pull-ups
50 Walking lunges
50 KB swings (1 pood)
50 KTE
50 Push press (33#)
50 Back Extension
50 Wall ball shots (10# ball)
50 Burpees
50 Double unders

That's it - just 10 movements, 50x each! So deceptively simple and yet, destructive. My hands killed from all the work we've been doing this week on the pull-up bar and the rings, so I brought some tape to protect my hands. Little good it did, it ended up just sticking to the bar and making it more difficult for me to get my hands on and off the bar quickly when I needed a break. Eh.

I rocked the KB swings and the push press and sort of the back extensions (i.e., I could do about 20 or so reps before I had to take a break). KTEs killed as did the burpees. The worst was the back extensions to the wall ball shots because I thought my back and legs had just about had it. Glad when it was over at 24:47.

I got to cheer on everyone else once I was done and then we transitioned into the free intro class:

AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
7 Medball cleans
7 push-ups

The class did great and it was fun because my fellow graduate student, Susanne, came to check it out. She's a really fit girl (on a triathlon team at the U!) and she was able to bust out 13 rounds doing unmodified push-ups! Way to go girl! It was great seeing a fresh new crowd in this weekend for the workout.  Someone from last week came back and even brought a friend! Crossfit is surely gaining a reputation in the Twin Cities.

No comments:

Post a Comment