Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Horrible Hundred?

Well, it wasn't actually so "horrible," but I had to come up with some alliterative title to mimic the name of the Filthy Fifty we did a few days ago. I say it wasn't horrible because I felt like I completely OWNED it today. Almost like a spaghetti squash...
Maybe it was the combination of waking up at 5 AM, eating a leisurely omlette breakfast that the kind folks of The Purple Onion Cafe made me, taking my last Personality and Social Psychology test, and then writing a 10-page paper in 4 hours that made me completely just rock out the WOD today. Who knows? And we may never find out because you can bet money I'm not going to subject myself to that kind of stress again...well, at least not until Thursday.

But I digress. Here's the WOD.

For time:
100 Double-unders (sub 3 single rope skips for double-unders)
100 Pull-ups
100 Squats
100 Sit-ups
*Break up reps however you want

Given this WOD's similarly to Angie (100 Pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, squats; unbroken), I wanted to knock out as much of 100 as I could in a round. I started with the double-unders and went straight through 300 single skips (eh, I sprinkled in about 15 double-unders here and there, but didn't count them because they were just so lackluster). Calves killed by the end.

Pull-ups were next, which are one of my weaknesses. Since I've been working on my kipping pull-up lately, I've been having this weird soreness in my left shoulder. I'm probably going to take it easy on the skills practice for a while, but it didn't hurt too bad with the blue band. I knocked out 26 in my first try on the bar.

Moved onto squats, which are a breeze because of the ginormous quads I built from kicking on a dance team. Boom, 53 reps done in one round.

Went back to the pull-up bar, since it was clear that the movement was going to "gate" me, or in other words, be a bottleneck. Rather then having to rest and waste time when I got tired of the pull-up bar, I was going to "rest' by transitioning to squats and sit-ups. I think this strategy worked well. I knocked out another 21 pull-ups and moved onto sit-ups.

Sit-ups are another pretty quick movement for me to get through. I easily went through 52 on my first round before jumping back on the pull-up bar.

To summarize, my rep scheme looked like this:
26 PU / 53 Sq / 21 PU / 52 SU / 16 PU / 37 Sq / 22 PU / 48 SU / 15 PU / 10 Sq

Finished in 16:15. Balla!

No comments:

Post a Comment