Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Pwning" a Spaghetti Squash

In preparation for the busy week ahead, I decided to make a big batch of paleo spaghetti and meatballs that I could just reheat and eat all week. The paleo part meant that I had to buy a spaghetti squash, which has got to be one of the most difficult things in the world to cut open.
The first time I had to cut open a spaghetti squash, it took me a really long time and a lot of banging on the table. I'm lucky I didn't cut myself with all the knife-flailing I was doing. For the second time around, I watched some YouTube videos on better technique, but it still took a long time and a lot of elbow grease to get the darn thing open. Now with my kipping pull-up bicep strength, I was able to cut open my third spaghetti squash with no problem!
Just to give y'all some perspective on this sucker, it was about as big as my head. It was the last spaghetti squash in the winter squash bin at The Wedge so I didn't have much of a choice. The checkout guy, Tyler, and Heather all commented that it was an obscenely large squash. But it was no match for mad cutting skillz.
 

I used this meatball recipe from MDA (adding a little fresh basil, too) and this simple tomato sauce recipe (minus the ground beef and heart, since the meatballs are plenty of meat already for me).

What I'll be eating the rest of the week for lunch and dinner. Beats Ramen noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment