Tuesday, April 13, 2010

7&7...&10

Tonight we did a variation of one of Tyler's favorite "original" WODs, named after the alcoholic beverage "7&7." Even though I was the only Crossfitter at 6:30 PM tonight, it was still lots of fun...and a killer on the legs after my squat-off weekend and squat thrusts at CFSP yesterday.

I started off class with a 400m "cold" run. It was supposed to be my warm-up, but I ran it pretty fast because I wanted to see how fast I could go (since running a sub-1:35 400m is one of my paleo challenge goals). I beat it EASY: 1:29! I'll have to try again when I actually measure up for the end of my challenge, but as long as I don't get too lazy, I'm hoping to maintain this time. Yay! One goal pretty set!

I moved pretty quickly onto the WOD, so Tyler didn't have to stick around too long just for me.

AMRAP in 12 minutes:
7 Med ball cleans (10#)
7 Burpees

The original 7&7 calls for 7 Med ball cleans and 7 push-ups and is deceptively hard. This one was hard too, but more on my legs than anything else. I managed to get 10 rounds and ONE extra clean before time was called. Good quick fun workout.

Went out to The Bulldog NE for dinner afterward to enjoy a Kobe beef burger, no bun. Delish! I'd never been there before, but everyone has been telling me how good it is. They were right, and I think I might have found my new favorite post-WOD dinner treat, right up there with the gyros from Holy Land Bakery. Om nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment