Monday, April 5, 2010

Tabata THIS!

Despite having a slight headache and queasy feeling before heading out the door for Crossfit tonight, I felt exceptionally great after the WOD: Tabata Something Else. I feel much stronger than I did when I started 10 months ago and I feel like I'm improving. Good stuff!

You can find a quick crash course about the Tabata protocol at their website, but the gist of it is that it builds aerobic and anaerobic capacity simultaneously. In Crossfit, Tabata Something Else is sort of a benchmark WOD where you do 8 rounds each of pull-ups, push-ups, sit-ups, and squats using the 20 seconds on / 10 seconds of rest design. You score by totaling up your reps. Here's how my numbers broke down:

37 pull-ups
46 push-ups, light green band
85 sit-ups
108 squats

I did everything RXd except for the push-ups, which I probably could have swung and just not gotten as high of a number. My total was 276 reps. Not too shabby. I definitely made up for the pull-ups/push-ups/lack of upper body strength part in my squats and sit-ups.

Straightforward WOD, straightforward post! That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment