Thursday, April 8, 2010

Strength WOD + Eve of Kids Cert!

This is going to have to be a quick 'n dirty post because I've got so much packing and stuff to put together before I leave for CA tomorrow for the Kids Cert! Couldn't be more excited and more ANXIOUS about going by myself to my first Crossfit Certification!

Today we did a little strength WOD as opposed to our usual met-cons, which I'm thankful for since tomorrow will be super stressful and I don't think I'll be able to get in my regular gym time. Here's what went down:

5 rounds:
1 Strict press
3 Push press
5 Push jerk

We had to increase loads each round and we weren't allowed to put the bar down. Simple enough. Last time I did Crossfit Total on 2/28, my strict press was 60#, and I remember it being HARD. Tonight I started out at 53# and progressed as follows:

53 / 58 / 63 / 68(F) / 73(F)

New PR for strict press at 63#, but I failed on the press for 68 and 73# (but I still did the push press and push jerk). I could definitely tell at 73# that the push jerk was super heavy. Still need to work on upper body strength.

Ok! Time to pack! Catch up with y'all on Monday once my brain decompresses from a weekend of learning...

No comments:

Post a Comment