Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cleans and Burpees

After a long day at a diversity summit, I headed over for the early afternoon workout led by Chris, a CFSP original. It was a pretty low-key and small class, which I enjoyed. And I will say that I am LOVING the new box - bigger, easier to run in and out of for 400m sprints, and WAY more equipment to work with!

I feel like we've been doing some serious legwork lately, and today was no different.

5 rounds for time:
3 Cleans (M: 165# / W: 135#)
12 Burpees
200m Run

I set up my bar with 83#, since the last time we did cleans (one on the minute every minute for 15 minutes), I was able to get up to 103# successfully twice. I knew 93# would probably be pushing it, given the number too, and I sort of wanted to finish in under 10 minutes, just to push myself.

My legs had a different plan. They've just been feeling like lead, and after Tuesday's kettlebell and running workout, they're just shot. I managed to pull this one off in 13:48, still sub-15:00, but not my strongest effort. I DID work on the hook grip the whole time, which is a positive; and the weight didn't feel too heavy, so I was able to really focus on my form. I noticed that I run a lot faster than I initially thought and that I can push myself more in runs.

I'm going to take it easy until Saturday when we do the Murph Challenge. Murph is a hero WOD that involves two 1-mile runs with a lot of stuff sandwiched in between. Mike says we're going to scale it...but I don't exactly know what that entails...maybe less running???? I hope so...

No comments:

Post a Comment