Thursday, April 15, 2010

Hello Again, Air Force WOD!

Tonight was the second time this week that no one else showed up for the 6:30 PM class I always go to - what's the deal CF MPLS??? Anyway, it kinda sucked because tonight was a really tough WOD, and it would have been nice to have some external motivation in the form of another sweating and panting gym buddy. Alas...

We revisited the Air Force WOD from Midwestern Sectionals tonight and I made some leaps and bounds in improvement!

For time:
20 Thrusters
20 Sumo deadlift high pulls
20 Push press
20 Overhead squats
20 Front squats
Men's RX: 95#     Women's RX: 65#

This time around, we did not do the burpees on the minute every minute, which was a very much appreciated change. The last time I did this WOD, I suited up with a 45# bar and had to drop down to 33# just for the overhead squats. Still finished in 10:48 though, not too shabby. BUT...this time I did 53#. FOR THE WHOLE THING. That's right! I had a 45# next to me as a safety net for the OHS, but I didn't use it! Sure, it took me a really long time to get through the OHS, but I still finished sub-9:00 in 8:57. Pretty darn proud of myself!

I did 16 thrusters unbroken too and found the SDLHP to be easy (although I rested on the ground a little too much, methinks...). Push press killed and I had to break up the OHS into sets of 3 or 4 to get through them. But I got through, even it did have to be on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment