Monday, April 12, 2010

To CFSP We Go!

Today we had our WODs at Crossfit St. Paul, which was nice since we got to mingle and hang out with our soon-to-be new box members. Coach Mike does a really great job of running a full class in an orderly fashion: set warm-up at your own pace, skill work, strength/lift work, and then a WOD.

The lift for the day was the split jerk, which I got up to 63# on. It was super easy, but I was on a rack with two complete newbies and didn't want to up the weight too much for them. Next time, I'll push myself a little harder when there's more equipment and racks to go around. On we moved to the WOD.

AMRAP in 12 minutes:
3 Handstand push-ups
5 Squat thrusts (burpees without the push-up)
7 Pull-ups

I did everything RX'd except the HSPU, where I placed one ab mat below my head to hit. Going from the pull-ups back to the handstands was the toughest part for my shoulders, and a couple of times I got stuck at the bottom of the HSPU and had to try and kip back up. Definitely a good skill to be working on and I definitely want to work more on HSPU. I managed 8 rounds + 3 HSPU + 5 squat thrusts. That means I did 56 pull-ups, all without a band! Quite a mighty long way I've come, Mike even commented on my new capability.

No comments:

Post a Comment