Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Movin' on East

Today was my first official workout in the NEW CF St. Paul facility! Tyler coached the classes and owner Mike joined in on the fun. It was a tough WOD, especially because I don't think I'm all rested up from the certification WODs this weekend, but I still finished in a decent time.

I came early to teach the Kids Class...but as usual, no one came. That's fine by me for now because I have to write a paper for school, but I hope word gets out eventually! I helped coach the 4 PM class for a bit, then did the WOD with the 5 PM class.

For time:
200m Run
40 KB swings (1 pood = 36 lbs = 16 kg)
400m Run
30 KB swings
800m Run
20 KB swings

Yikes! That last 800m run was rough! I thought it would never end and at one point my ankle started aching a bit - maybe I'm starting to run a little funny in my Vibrams? I finished this one in 12:08 and my new friend and coach Melanie from this weekend finished in 12:09. It was truly great to be working out with an athlete that's close to my level. It was competitive in a fun way!

Melanie and I also worked on our front squats today doing a little 3 set x 3 rep "warm-up." I got up to 115# on the last set, and felt like I could have done a little more, but I didn't want to kill my legs before all the running and KB swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment