Monday, April 19, 2010

Earning my Sea Legs!

Today was brutal. Just brutal. We rowed, even though it was a gorgeous day outside. And rowing just blows.

I'll try not to bash as much on rowing as possible, but now that the weather has finally gotten nicer, I see no need to subject myself to that kind of torture. Today we did 500m rowing sprints...ugh!

Four rounds for time:
500m with 3 minutes of rest in between

Rowing is tough for me because I have the shortest little legs and a lot of distance has to be covered if you want to get done fast. I usually row about a 2:00-minute 500m, and today was no exception. My times broke down as follows:

1:59 (sub-2:00! YAY!) / 2:06 / 2:12 / 2:09

For a total time of 8:26. That third round I kind of slacked off, and I'm not proud of it. My legs and itty bitty little heart just couldn't take it anymore. I've been feeling kind of sick lately too and had to go to the doctor this morning for some tests, and I didn't want to push myself too too much. Nothing to worry about though, I was just trying to take it a little easier. Besides, apparently at the Level 1 Cert I'll be at THIS WEEKEND, they make you do Fran...better save up my strength!

1 comment: